If Clients Only Trusted You More!
While there is no question that your clients trust and respect you, what if they trusted you more? What would be the impact if you climbed a few more rungs on the Trusted Advisor ladder. Let’s take a look.
If your clients trusted you more, they would…
- Be inclined to accept and act on your recommendations
- Bring you in on more advanced, complex, strategic issues
- Treat you as you wish to be treated
- Respect you
- Share more information that helps you help them
- Pay your bills without question
- Refer you to their friends and business acquaintances
- Lower the level of stress in your interactions
- Give you the benefit of the doubt
- Forgive you when you make a mistake
- Protect you when you need it (even from their own organization)
- Warn you of dangers that you might avoid
- Be comfortable and allow you to be comfortable
- Involve you early on when their issues begin to form, rather than later in the process
- Trust your instincts and judgments
Bill Gates once commented that “It is important to have someone you totally trust, who is totally committed, who shares your vision, yet who has a little bit different set of skills and who also acts as something of a check on you. Some of the ideas you run by him, you know he is going to say ‘Hey, wait a minute. Have you thought about this or that?’ The benefit of sparking off somebody who has got that kind of brilliance is that it not only makes business more fun, but it will lead to a lot of success.