How Effective Are Your Persuasion Skills?
Please answer the following questions and give yourself a score from 1 - 5 (1 being strongly disagree to 5, strongly agree):
- I have a strong, optimistic outlook.
- People see me as someone who listens to verbal and nonverbal cues.
- I look for feedback to adjust style and presentation appropriately.
- I have a realistic confidence in my ability to get results.
- I have the skills to develop a quick rapport with others.
- My influence is based both on who I am and what I do.
- Others see me as warm and approachable.
- It takes a lot to get me angry or depressed.
- I am a self-starter with the initiative to make things happen.
- I accept disappointments as learning experiences and quickly bounce back.
- I tend to be stress free because I don’t allow myself to worry.
- I manage time and priorities to get the most from my resources.
- People know that integrity and honesty are important to me.
- I enjoy listening to people and connecting emotionally with them.
- I find a sense of personal fulfillment in serving others.
Add up your score:
Over 65 is suspect
Either you have a tendency to over-rate yourself or you are a truly gifted at influence and persuasion.
Reflects self-presence and positive influence. Target specific areas to improve.
Is average. There is ample opportunity for growth.
Suggests a strong need to improve.